Mallorca, the largest of the Balearic Islands, is a paradise for British travellers seeking sun, sea, and sand. This picturesque island is the perfect destination for Brits on holiday, offering beautiful beaches, charming villages, delicious cuisine, and stunning landscapes. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll take you through a 7-day itinerary that covers everything you need to know for an unforgettable holiday in Spain. From what to see and do each day to where to stay and the best restaurants on Mallorca, we’ve got you covered. Let’s get started!
The Island of Mallorca
Mallorca has long been a popular destination for British travellers, thanks to its fantastic weather, beautiful beaches, and diverse attractions. The island boasts a rich history and culture, with plenty of historic sites, stunning architecture, and charming villages to explore. With its combination of breathtaking landscapes, vibrant cities, and world-class beaches, Mallorca offers something for everyone.
Day 1: Arrival and Exploring Palma de Mallorca
Upon arrival at Palma de Mallorca Airport, collect your rental car and head to your accommodation. Depending on your preferences, you can choose to stay in a central location like Palma de Mallorca or opt for a more relaxed beachside resort. Regardless of where you stay, be sure to explore the charming city of Palma de Mallorca on your first day.
Palma de Mallorca Highlights
- Cathedral of Santa Maria of Palma (La Seu): This stunning Gothic cathedral is a must-visit, with its impressive architecture and beautiful stained glass windows.
- Royal Palace of La Almudaina: This historic palace offers a fascinating insight into Mallorca’s past, featuring beautiful gardens and stunning views over the city.
- Bellver Castle: This unique circular castle boasts incredible panoramic views of Palma and the surrounding area.
- Passeig del Born: Stroll along this stylish tree-lined avenue, home to chic boutiques, cafés, and people-watching opportunities.
In the evening, enjoy some authentic Spanish tapas at one of the many fantastic restaurants in Palma de Mallorca.
Day 2: Valldemossa, Deia, and Soller
On your second day, embark on a scenic drive through the beautiful Tramuntana Mountains, visiting the charming mountain villages of Valldemossa, Deia, and Soller.
Nestled in the heart of the Tramuntana Mountains, Valldemossa is a picturesque village famous for its Carthusian monastery, where the composer Frédéric Chopin and writer George Sand once lived. Wander the cobbled streets, visit the monastery, and enjoy the stunning mountain views.
Continue to the idyllic village of Deia, renowned for its artistic community and beautiful surroundings. Explore the narrow streets, visit the church atop the hill, and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea.
Soller and Port de Soller
Finish your day in the charming town of Soller and its coastal counterpart, Port de Soller. Take the famous vintage tram between the two locations and explore the beautiful botanical gardens, historic buildings, and inviting sandy beach.
Day 3: Mountain Adventure in the Tramuntana Range
Today, lace up your hiking boots and set off for a day of adventure in the Serra de Tramuntana. This mountain range offers a variety of trails, from gentle coastal paths to challenging mountain treks, making it the perfect destination for exploring Mallorca’s stunning landscapes.
- Sa Calobra and Torrent de Pareis: This famous hike takes you through a dramatic limestone gorge, with stunning views and a secluded beach awaiting you at the end.
- Cúber and Gorg Blau Reservoirs: Take a leisurely walk around these beautiful mountain reservoirs, surrounded by lush forests and dramatic peaks.
- Tossals Verds: For a more challenging hike, tackle the Tossals Verds trail, which takes you to the summit of one of Mallorca’s highest peaks, offering breathtaking panoramic views.
After a day of hiking, unwind with a well-deserved meal at a local mountain refuge or head back to your accommodation for a relaxing evening.
Day 4: Formentor Peninsula and Cala Boquer
On your fourth day, venture north to the wild and rugged Formentor Peninsula, known for its dramatic cliffs, hidden coves, and breathtaking views.
Formentor Peninsula Highlights
- Mirador Es Colomer: This stunning viewpoint offers panoramic views of the Formentor Peninsula and the surrounding coastline.
- Cala Figuera: An idyllic cove with crystal-clear waters, perfect for a refreshing swim.
- Formentor Lighthouse: This historic lighthouse sits atop a dramatic cliff, offering incredible views of the Mediterranean Sea.
After exploring the peninsula, head to the secluded Cala Boquer for a beach day away from the crowds. This beautiful cove is accessible via a 45-minute hike and offers pristine waters for swimming and snorkelling.
Day 5: Talaia d’Alcudia and Platja des Coll Baix
Head to the north of the island and explore the historic town of Alcudia and its surrounding natural beauty.
Hike to the Talaia d’Alcudia, a hilltop viewpoint that offers panoramic views of the surrounding coastline and countryside.
Platja des Coll Baix
Spend the afternoon at the stunning Platja des Coll Baix, a secluded beach with crystal-clear waters and dramatic rocky cliffs. This beautiful cove is a hidden gem, perfect for a relaxing day in the sun.
Day 6: Southeast Mallorca Beach Hopping
Today, embark on a beach-hopping adventure in southeast Mallorca, visiting some of the island’s most beautiful coves and beaches.
- Cala Llombards: This picturesque cove offers soft golden sands and turquoise waters, surrounded by rugged cliffs.
- Calo des Moro: A beautiful, secluded cove with crystal-clear waters, perfect for snorkelling and swimming.
- Cala Mondrago: Located within a protected natural park, Cala Mondrago offers a pristine sandy beach and beautiful surroundings.
After a day at the beach, indulge in some delicious seafood at one of the many fantastic restaurants in the area.
Day 7: Farewell to Mallorca
On your final day, explore the charming streets of Palma de Mallorca one last time before heading to the airport. Don’t forget to pick up some local souvenirs and treats to remind you of your unforgettable holiday on Mallorca.
From its beautiful beaches and charming villages to its diverse landscapes and delicious cuisine, Mallorca offers a truly unforgettable experience. With this 7-day itinerary, you’ll be able to make the most of your time on this idyllic island, creating memories that will last a lifetime. So pack your bags, book your flights, and get ready for the holiday of a lifetime in beautiful Mallorca.